Softhale is a privately held Belgium-based respiratory company focused on developing pharmaceutical products with superior clinical performance based upon differentiated technology delivered by our next-generation Soft Mist Inhalation (SMI) device to the lungs.
The Company’s proprietary, propellant-free, purely mechanical device delivers medication to the lungs more effectively than other types of inhalers and is poised to change the treatment paradigm in large markets including asthma and COPD. Softhale’s products to be used for pharmaceutical development and approval processes are innovative as well as cost-optimized.
Working closely with Softhale’s Device Engineers and R&D Scientists, your main task can be best described as:
- Deliver support to the device engineering team in preparation and execution of physical testing and analysis of all Softhale inhalation devices and sub-components in accordance with requirements.
- Receive, label and log incoming samples to the laboratory.
- Prepare test protocols according to requirements.
- Prepare test samples according to requirements.
- Execute testing according to requirements.
- Organise the safe retention and log of test samples, maintain accurate records.
- Record all data and results in specified forms with accuracy and responsibility.
- Design and develop new test methods, as required.
- Maintain laboratory and equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Prepare shipments of samples to external parties as required, in close collaboration with Softhale’s office manager.
- You recently graduated in a mechanical engineering discipline.
- Or you have graduated and by now 1-2 years experience in a physical test lab environment, looking to get experience in the field of complex respiratory devices.
- You have a good understanding of the English language; both written and spoken
- You are keen on working in an international environment
- You are flexible with a can-do and hands-on mentality
- You are a self-starter and have the ability to work autonomously
- You have excellent problem-solving skills
- Obviously, you have good planning & organization skills
- Team player
What is Softhale offering?
You will start in a fast-growing innovative company. At this moment in time, they are at a critical point of development. You will join their mission to further advance and broaden the progress of their platform and to build and launch a new generation of highly effective inhalable medicines on a global scale. Besides a great opportunity, you will receive a competitive salary.
Interested to learn more about this vacancy? Please contact:
Astrid van der Ploeg
+32 470 345054 or +32 11 28 6992